AP (Advanced Placement) Classes:
Many high school students choose to take AP courses due to their benefits while in high school, in college applications, and beyond. According to the College Board which administers the AP tests, “AP Gives students the chance to tackle college level work while they are still in high school and earn college Credit and placement.’’
Benefits of AP Classes:
More than a million students in America take AP classes because of the several benefits they provide. AP classes will…
1.Increase student’s chances of being admitted into top colleges.
2.Challenge students more than regular high school classes and prepare them for the demands of college.
3.Help students to obtain scholarships.
4.Enable students to receive college credit before starting college (if they score a 3 out of 5 or higher on the related exams).
5.Increase the likelihood that students will graduate earlier than normal time, thereby allowing them to save the money that extra semesters in college would cost.
The following topics will be covered in AP Biology Class.
Unit 1: Welcome to Biology
- Biology and Biologists
- The Chemical Basis of Life
- Water and Life
- Acids, Bases, and Buffers
- Organic Molecules
Unit 2: Cell Structure and Function
- Cell Basics
- Cell Membranes
Unit 3: Genes
- DNA Discovery and Structure
- DNA Replication
- Transcription of DNA to RNA
- Translation: Protein Synthesis
- Eukaryotic Genomes
- Viral and Bacterial Genomes
- Applications of Biotechnology
Unit 4: Principles of Heredity
- The Cell Cycle and Mitosis
- Sexual Life Cycle and Meiosis
- Mendelian Model of Inheritance
- Extensions of Mendel
- Genes and Chromosomes
Unit 5: Evolutionary Biology
- Darwin in Historical Context
- Mechanisms of Evolution
Unit 6: Biological Diversity
- Systematics: Classifying Organisms
- The History of Life on Earth
- Unicellular Eukaryotes
- Plants and Their Relatives
- Introduction to Animals
- From Invertebrates to Vertebrates
Unit 7: The Energetics of Life
- Cellular Energy Currency
- Enzymes and Metabolism
- An Overview of Metabolism
- The TCA Cycle
- Electron Transport, ATP Synthesis, and Chemiosmosis
Unit 8: Animal Structure, Reproduction, and Development
- Animal Form and Function
- Animal Reproduction
- Animal Development
Unit 9: Circulation, Body’s Defenses, Nutrition
- Circulatory System
- Respiratory System
- Lymphatic System and the Blood
- Nonspecific Immune Defenses
- Specific Immune Defenses
- Diet and Feeding Mechanisms
- The Digestive System
- Osmoregulation and Excretion
Unit 10: Nervous System and Internal Controls
- Nervous Systems and Sensation
- How Nerves Work
- The Endocrine System
- Muscle Structure and Contraction
Unit 11: Plants: Form and Function
- Plant Nutrition
- Introduction to Photosynthesis
- Light Reactions
- The Calvin-Benson Cycle
- Plant Reproduction and Development
- Control Systems in Plants
- Natural Setting
- Population Ecology
- Community Ecology
- Energy Flow and the Water Cycle
- Chemical Element Cycles
- Conservation Biology
- Basics of Behavior
- Social Behavior
1 ON 1 Sessions / Small Groups
We follow your Syllabus
Training Type: Online Live Interactive Session.
Access to Class Recordings.
Weekday / Weekend Classes.
Duration : 40 Hours
Start Date: Monday, December 5, 2022
Please contact us, If you are looking for different schedule or need more information.
The Advanced Placement (AP) is a trademark registered and owned by the College Board, which is not affiliated with Learntek.org, and does not endorse this product. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.