AP (Advanced Placement) Classes:
Many high school students choose to take AP courses due to their benefits while in high school, in college applications, and beyond. According to the College Board which administers the AP tests, “AP Gives students the chance to tackle college level work while they are still in high school and earn college Credit and placement.’’
Benefits of AP Classes:
More than a million students in America take AP classes because of the several benefits they provide. AP classes will…
1.Increase student’s chances of being admitted into top colleges.
2.Challenge students more than regular high school classes and prepare them for the demands of college.
3.Help students to obtain scholarships.
4.Enable students to receive college credit before starting college (if they score a 3 out of 5 or higher on the related exams).
5.Increase the likelihood that students will graduate earlier than normal time, thereby allowing them to save the money that extra semesters in college would cost.
The following topics will be covered in AP Physics 1 Class.
Unit 1: Kinematics
- Motion in One Dimension
- Motion in Two Dimensions
Unit 2: Dynamics, Newton’s Laws
- Newton’s 1st, 2nd and 3rd Laws
- Applications of Newton’s Laws
Unit 3: Work, Energy and Conservation of Energy
- Work and work energy theorem
- Conservative forces and potential energy
- Conservation of Energy & Power
Unit 4: Center of Mass Impulse and Momentum
- Center of mass & impulse and momentum
- Conservation of Linear Momentum, collisions
Unit 5: UCM and Gravitation
- Universal Gravitation & Orbits of Planets and Satellites
Unit 6: Simple Harmonic Motion
- Simple Harmonic Motion & mass on a spring & Pendulums and other oscillators
Unit 7: Rotational Motion
- Torque and Rotational Statics & Rotational Kinematics and Dynamics & Rotational Inertia
Unit 8: Electrostatics
- Electric Charge and Coulomb’s law
- Electric Fields
- Electric Potential
Unit 9: DC Circuits with Resistors
- Current Resistance Power
- DC circuits with batteries and resistors & Capacitors in Circuits
Unit 10: Mechanical Waves and Sound
- Wave basics & Properties of Travelling Waves & Properties of Standing Waves
- Sound Waves and the Doppler Shift
1 ON 1 Sessions / Small Groups
We follow Your Syllabus
Training Type: Online Live Interactive Session.
Access to Class Recordings.
Weekday / Weekend Classes.
Please contact us, If you have more questions
Phone : 1+ 734 418 2465
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Advanced Placement (AP) is a trademark registered and owned by the College Board, which is not affiliated with Learntek.org, and does not endorse this product. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.