MySQL is a prevalent and robust relational database management system. MySQL is an open-source option that’s very cost-effective and affordable. This database is most widely used in big and small businesses. MySQL was developed by a Swedish company named MYSQL AB.
About the course
This course helps you in learning MySQL, which is one of the most widely used databases in the industry. In this course, you will learn to deal with databases which are the backbone of any personal or commercial software. This course covers the fundamental concepts of a relational database management system along with the steps to create database and database tables. Then it introduces queries to insert data, update, delete and fetch the data from the tables. Merging of tables, using aggregate functions, clauses to filter and sort the data, has been covered in detail. The course mainly focuses on the practical approach and expects you to try hands-on with the exercises to get completely proficient in working with the databases.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the basics of DBMS and relational databases.
- Understand the need of Database Normalization
- Identify features of MySQL database.
- Understand the basic concepts of how a database stores information via tables.
- Understand SQL syntax used with MySQL.
- Use MySQL command-line client to populate and manipulate data
- Access a database from MySQL client tools or applications
- Use SELECT statements to query data
- Learn how to retrieve and manipulate data from one or more tables.
- Learn how to filter data based on multiple conditions.
- Update and insert data into the existing tables.
- Understand how the relationships between tables will affect the SQL.
- Learn to create simple work with Views and Stored Procedures in MySQL
There are no prerequisites. Anyone over the age of 13 is welcome to join this course. It is recommended though that individual has some basic computer handling knowledge.
1. Database Fundamentals
In this, we will talk about what a database actually is. When people talk about a database, they mean many things. So we will define what a database really is.
- Introduction to Database
- ER Model
- Keys Constraints in RDBMS
2. Database Normalization
In this, we will discuss the use of Normalization and different Normal form with examples
- Use of Normalization
- Function Dependency
3. MySQL Overview
In this, we are going to focus on the features of MySQL.
4. Datatypes in MySQL
In this, we will discuss data types in MySQL. Any data that is added to the database table has to have a particular data type.
5. Installation and Overview
In this, we will cover the installation part and discuss the MySQL workbench, XAMPP
- Installation of MySQL (Latest Version)
- Introduction to MySQL workbench, MySQL Command Line Client
- Setting up XAMPP/WAMP
6. My SQL Fundamentals
In this, we will cover the actual hands-on with MYSQL Commands
- MySQL Database: CREATE Database, USE database, DROP database
- MySQL Tables: CREATE, DROP or DELETE Table, Show tables
- MySQL Tables: INSERT INTO Statement
- MySQL Tables: SELECT (Display the data from a table)
- MySQL Tables: UPDATE, DELETE
- MySQL Tables: ALTER
- MySQL Constraints: NOT NULL, DEFAULT, PRIMARY KEY, FOREIGN KEY, CHECK
- MySQL Clause: WHERE, DISTINCT, FROM
- MySQL Clause: SQL ORDER BY (ASC/DESC)
- MySQL Aggregate Functions: SUM, AVG, MIN, MAX, COUNT
- MySQL Clause: GROUP BY, HAVING
- MySQL Operators: Comparison, AND, OR, NOT
- MySQL Operators: BETWEEN, UNION
- MySQL Operators: IN, NOT IN, EXIST, ANY, SOME
- MySQL Wildcards: Like, NOT Like, Escape, (%), (_)
- MYSQL Regular Expressions (REGEXP) with Syntax & Examples
- MySQL Join: Inner Join, Left Join, Right Join, Full Join
- MySQL Sub Query
- MySQL Views, Create Views
- MySQL Functions & Procedures
- MySQL INDEXES – Create, Drop & Add Index Tutorial
- MySQL Query Practice-1
- MySQL Query Practice-2
- Your First Application using MySQL and PHP
Duration & Timings :
Duration – 30 Hours.
Training Type: Instructor Led Live Interactive Sessions.
Weekday Session – Mon – Thu 8:30 PM to 10:30 PM (EST) – 4 Weeks. March 15, 2021.